Delhi shame: Two DU girls raped by three men
New Delhi: Two Delhi University students were allegedly raped by three men after being offered drinks laced with sedatives at a get-together in Alipur area of the outer district.
Two of the accused have been arrested while the third one was absconding after the incident on Friday last, a senior police official said today.
"The victims were students of first year and the two accused, which have been identified as Vicky and Sunil and live in the same locality, had befriended them. The accused had invited the women to their home on the pretext of a get-together," police said.
When the women arrived they were surprised to find hat there was no one in the house except them. But they were told by the accused that the other guests would be coming soon and offered them soft drinks, which were laced with sedatives.
After the drinks, the women felt dizzy and the accused raped them while one of their accomplice was keeping guard, the official said, adding they also threatened them not to reveal the incident but the victims told their parents after reaching their home.
The women were sent for a medical examination and a case was registered.
Police arrested Vicky last night but Sunil managed to escape and was arrested today, while efforts were on to nab the third accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader