Delhi shamed again: Danish tourist gang-raped at knife-point, two arrested
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another incident that shamed the national capital, a 51-year-old Danish woman was allegedly gang-raped by a group of men near New Delhi Railway Station late on Tuesday.
Reports on Wednesday said that a Danish national, who was here on a tourist visa, had gone to visit a museum and while returning back to her hotel in Paharganj lost her way in the area when a group of men stopped her, robbed and gang-raped her.
The woman after returning to her hotel narrated her ordeal to her near ones, who further informed the police.
She was first looted at knife point, and then gang-raped by around six men, police said.
The Danish Embassy has also pitched in and asked the authorities for swift action in this case.
In the latest development, the Delhi Police have arrested two suspects in connection with the case. A senior Delhi Police official said that the two arrested suspects have been identified as Mahender alias Ganja, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Fatehpur district and another one as Raja.
According to reports, the police have recovered an i-pod and a new mobile phone, which they believe was purchased out of the robbed cash, and Rs 800 cash from Mahender`s possession and Rs 1,000 and a spectacle case from Raja.
The victim, who was supposed to leave for her country on Wednesday morning, has been asked by the police to stay back and assist in probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!