Delhi shivers as mercury dips even lower
New Delhi: At 6.1 degrees Celsius, temperatures in the capital dipped even lower than in the past two days making Delhiites shiver despite the bright sun Thursday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was two degrees below the average for this time of the year.
"The minimum temperature this morning was two degrees below the average. While the first half of December was fairly warm, winters have finally set in in Delhi, so temperatures will continue to drop," an IMD official said.
While there was a shallow fog in the morning, the visibility at 800 metres was not affected much and there were no flight delays reported.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY