Delhi shivers as mercury dips even lower
New Delhi: At 6.1 degrees Celsius, temperatures in the capital dipped even lower than in the past two days making Delhiites shiver despite the bright sun Thursday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was two degrees below the average for this time of the year.
"The minimum temperature this morning was two degrees below the average. While the first half of December was fairly warm, winters have finally set in in Delhi, so temperatures will continue to drop," an IMD official said.
While there was a shallow fog in the morning, the visibility at 800 metres was not affected much and there were no flight delays reported.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred