Delhi shivers as mercury dips even lower
New Delhi: At 6.1 degrees Celsius, temperatures in the capital dipped even lower than in the past two days making Delhiites shiver despite the bright sun Thursday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was two degrees below the average for this time of the year.
"The minimum temperature this morning was two degrees below the average. While the first half of December was fairly warm, winters have finally set in in Delhi, so temperatures will continue to drop," an IMD official said.
While there was a shallow fog in the morning, the visibility at 800 metres was not affected much and there were no flight delays reported.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'