Delhi shivers as mercury dips even lower
New Delhi: At 6.1 degrees Celsius, temperatures in the capital dipped even lower than in the past two days making Delhiites shiver despite the bright sun Thursday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was two degrees below the average for this time of the year.
"The minimum temperature this morning was two degrees below the average. While the first half of December was fairly warm, winters have finally set in in Delhi, so temperatures will continue to drop," an IMD official said.
While there was a shallow fog in the morning, the visibility at 800 metres was not affected much and there were no flight delays reported.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves