Delhi shivers as mercury dips even lower
New Delhi: At 6.1 degrees Celsius, temperatures in the capital dipped even lower than in the past two days making Delhiites shiver despite the bright sun Thursday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Thursday was two degrees below the average for this time of the year.
"The minimum temperature this morning was two degrees below the average. While the first half of December was fairly warm, winters have finally set in in Delhi, so temperatures will continue to drop," an IMD official said.
While there was a shallow fog in the morning, the visibility at 800 metres was not affected much and there were no flight delays reported.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested