Delhi shivers at 2.4 degrees, season`s coldest day
New Delhi: The national capital Monday shivered at 2.4 degrees Celsius, five notches below the average for this time of the year. It was the season`s coldest day. The weatherman has forecast similar weather on New Year`s eve.
While the maximum temperature Monday was 19.7 degrees Celsius, one notch below average, the minimum dipped well below Sunday`s temperature of 4.4 degrees Celsius.
Monday also recorded light rainfall in the evening, which brought down the temperature. More rain and cloudy weather is expected Tuesday.
"The rainfall today (Monday) was 1 mm till 8.30 p.m.," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
"The sky will remain partly clouded Tuesday. Light rain or thundershowers could occur in some areas till tomorrow noon," the official added.
According to Northern Railways, at least five trains were cancelled and 13 were rescheduled due to fog in the northern region of the country.
Tuesday`s maximum is likely to hover around 19 degrees Celsius.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was 19.5 degrees Celsius, a notch below average, while the minimum dipped three notches below average at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth