Delhi shivers at 2.9 degrees
New Delhi: The capital got no respite from the bitter cold as the minimum temperature on Saturday settled at 2.9 degrees Celsius - four notches below average. The Met office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"The city was enveloped by the fog in the morning, but the day will be clear. The maximum temperature would hover around 15 degree Celsius," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
Visibility at 8.30 am was 600 metres and humidity was 94 percent, the IMD official said.
Friday`s maximum temperature was five notches below average at 15.7 degree, while the minimum temperature saw the season`s lowest at 2.7 degrees Celsius - four notches below average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal