Delhi shivers at 6.4 degree C for the second day in a row
New Delhi: Delhiites got no respite from
biting cold on Wednesday with the mercury remaining at season`s
lowest of 6.4 degree Celsius for the second consecutive day.
Today`s minimum was two degrees below normal for this
time of the year. Yesterday too, the minimum was 6.4 degree
Celsius while on Monday it was 7.4 degrees.
Met officials said snowfall in upper reaches of Himachal
Pradesh and Kashmir has brought down the temperature and
predicted that it will go further down in the coming days.
The maximum temperature was 21.1 degree C yesterday, also
two notches below normal, a Met official said.
The city was swept by icy winds early in the morning
while a light layer of mist reduced the visibility to 1,000
The weatherman has predicted mist in the morning and
mainly clear sky later in the day tomorrow with maximum and
minimum likely to hover around 21 and six degree Celsius,
In 2008, the lowest minimum of the month was 6.4 degree
Celsius recorded on December 26 while in 2007, it was 3.9
degrees on December 29. The record for 2006 was 7.3 degree
Celsius on November 29.
The all-time record for minimum temperature for the month
was recorded on December 26 of 1945 when the mercury dipped to
1.1 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting