Delhi simmers as mercury touches 45.1 deg C
New Delhi: Delhiites on Tuesday wilted under scorching heat with the mercury breaching the 45 degree-mark to settle at 45.1 deg C, the highest for the season so far.
As heat wave conditions continued to sweep the capital, the day temperature remained five degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 44.5 deg C at the Safdarjung weather station.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 28 deg C, which was one degree above normal. The readings at Safdarjung station is taken as the official figure for the capital.
The humidity level hovered between 16 and 52 per cent.
The Meteorological department predicted a clear sky tomorrow with maximum and minimum temperatures likely to be around 45 deg C and 30 deg C, respectively.
No relief seems to be round the corner as the Weatherman predicted similar conditions to continue for at least another four days.
"The conditions are likely to continue over these areas till May 24...In the last 10 years (since 2003), this is likely to be the second such instance of prolonged heat wave spell over Delhi-NCR in May after 2010," the MeT department had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in