Delhi simmers as mercury touches 45.1 deg C
New Delhi: Delhiites on Tuesday wilted under scorching heat with the mercury breaching the 45 degree-mark to settle at 45.1 deg C, the highest for the season so far.
As heat wave conditions continued to sweep the capital, the day temperature remained five degree above normal and up from yesterday`s 44.5 deg C at the Safdarjung weather station.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 28 deg C, which was one degree above normal. The readings at Safdarjung station is taken as the official figure for the capital.
The humidity level hovered between 16 and 52 per cent.
The Meteorological department predicted a clear sky tomorrow with maximum and minimum temperatures likely to be around 45 deg C and 30 deg C, respectively.
No relief seems to be round the corner as the Weatherman predicted similar conditions to continue for at least another four days.
"The conditions are likely to continue over these areas till May 24...In the last 10 years (since 2003), this is likely to be the second such instance of prolonged heat wave spell over Delhi-NCR in May after 2010," the MeT department had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH