Delhi simmers at 42.8 deg C
New Delhi: At 42.8 degree Celsius, Delhi witnessed hottest day of the season on Thursday as mercury soared four notches above the normal level.
The temperature is maintaining an upward momentum for the past three days making life difficult for the people of the national capital.
Even at the onset of the summer season, the mercury settled at 41 deg C on Tuesday, April 29. Yesterday it was 42.1 deg C.
Today the temperature settled at 42.8 deg C.
According to the Meteorological department, the minimum temperature was 24.2 deg C, which was one degree below normal and slightly up from 22.8 deg C yesterday.
Humidity oscillated between 20 to 51 per cent during the last 24 hours.
The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy sky for tomorrow with maximum and minimum temperature remaining between 42 and 23 deg C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'