Delhi simmers at 42.8 deg C
New Delhi: At 42.8 degree Celsius, Delhi witnessed hottest day of the season on Thursday as mercury soared four notches above the normal level.
The temperature is maintaining an upward momentum for the past three days making life difficult for the people of the national capital.
Even at the onset of the summer season, the mercury settled at 41 deg C on Tuesday, April 29. Yesterday it was 42.1 deg C.
Today the temperature settled at 42.8 deg C.
According to the Meteorological department, the minimum temperature was 24.2 deg C, which was one degree below normal and slightly up from 22.8 deg C yesterday.
Humidity oscillated between 20 to 51 per cent during the last 24 hours.
The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy sky for tomorrow with maximum and minimum temperature remaining between 42 and 23 deg C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'