Delhi simmers at 42.8 deg C
New Delhi: At 42.8 degree Celsius, Delhi witnessed hottest day of the season on Thursday as mercury soared four notches above the normal level.
The temperature is maintaining an upward momentum for the past three days making life difficult for the people of the national capital.
Even at the onset of the summer season, the mercury settled at 41 deg C on Tuesday, April 29. Yesterday it was 42.1 deg C.
Today the temperature settled at 42.8 deg C.
According to the Meteorological department, the minimum temperature was 24.2 deg C, which was one degree below normal and slightly up from 22.8 deg C yesterday.
Humidity oscillated between 20 to 51 per cent during the last 24 hours.
The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy sky for tomorrow with maximum and minimum temperature remaining between 42 and 23 deg C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'