Delhi sizzles at 46.5 deg C, Amritsar 47 deg C
New Delhi: Heat wave condition intensified all across northern India on Wednesday with national capital, Delhi, scorching at 46.5 degrees Celsius.
Amritsar registered the hottest among the country with temperature reaching at 47 degree.
Nagpur, Allahabad, Hissar are the second hottest with temp touching 46-47 degree.
The Indian Meteorological Department had warned yesterday that the coming few days would experience very temperatures, adding to the woes of Delhiites who have been experiencing heat wave conditions over the last few days.
The minimum temperature this morning was also a notch above average at 28 degrees Celsius. Humidity was at 36 percent.
The maximum temperature yesterday settled three notches above average at 43.5 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam