Delhi sizzles under severe heat conditions
New Delhi: The national capital continued to sizzle under severe heat conditions on Sunday with the maximum temperature settling slightly below 44 deg C.
The maximum temperature was registered at 43.6 deg C, which was three degree above normal.
The minimum temperature stood at 29.3 deg C, which was two notches above normal and 1 degree below Saturday`s 30.5 deg C.
Although there has been a slight decrease in day temperature from last week`s 45.7 deg C, which was the highest for the month of May in a decade, MeT officials said this is a temporary respite following a western disturbance affecting Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Temperatures may rise once again towards the last week of May once this subsides, they said.
Humidity level was between 44 and 21 per cent.
The weather department predicted mainly clear sky tomorrow though it might become partly cloudy with possibility of thunderstorms in some areas. The maximum and minimum temperatures would be around 42 deg C and 28 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail