Delhi state Congress releases achievement report
New Delhi: In a bid to woo Delhi voters ahead of the assembly elections, the state unit of the Congress party Wednesday released a report card highlighting its achievements in the last 15 years in the capital.
Released by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit along with Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J.P. Agarwal and election in-charge Shakeel Ahmed, the report said the city has transformed under the Congress rule.
"A lot of development has taken place in the city under the Congress rule. The city has transformed and we have achieved a lot. This (report) is a reminder of all the development work we have done," said Dikshit at the function.
Focusing specially on improvements in infrastructure as well as social security schemes, the report said the development was visible in the city.
"There are no more 24-hour power cuts, unemployment rate has gone down, the per capita income is the highest in the country and similar improvements can be seen in government schools and medical care," said the party.
The leaders also slammed their rivals - the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) led by Arvind Kejriwal and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Taking a dig at the AAP, Agarwal said the party has come up overnight and mocked the BJP for its infighting.
"It`s a party without a leader... they are divided," said Agarwal.
Assuring that the Congress would win for the fourth consecutive time in Delhi, Ahmed said Dikshit has given the people of Delhi what all she had promised before the elections.
Elections to the Delhi assembly are due in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble