Delhi state Congress releases achievement report
New Delhi: In a bid to woo Delhi voters ahead of the assembly elections, the state unit of the Congress party Wednesday released a report card highlighting its achievements in the last 15 years in the capital.
Released by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit along with Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J.P. Agarwal and election in-charge Shakeel Ahmed, the report said the city has transformed under the Congress rule.
"A lot of development has taken place in the city under the Congress rule. The city has transformed and we have achieved a lot. This (report) is a reminder of all the development work we have done," said Dikshit at the function.
Focusing specially on improvements in infrastructure as well as social security schemes, the report said the development was visible in the city.
"There are no more 24-hour power cuts, unemployment rate has gone down, the per capita income is the highest in the country and similar improvements can be seen in government schools and medical care," said the party.
The leaders also slammed their rivals - the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) led by Arvind Kejriwal and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Taking a dig at the AAP, Agarwal said the party has come up overnight and mocked the BJP for its infighting.
"It`s a party without a leader... they are divided," said Agarwal.
Assuring that the Congress would win for the fourth consecutive time in Delhi, Ahmed said Dikshit has given the people of Delhi what all she had promised before the elections.
Elections to the Delhi assembly are due in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!