Delhi state Congress releases achievement report
New Delhi: In a bid to woo Delhi voters ahead of the assembly elections, the state unit of the Congress party Wednesday released a report card highlighting its achievements in the last 15 years in the capital.
Released by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit along with Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J.P. Agarwal and election in-charge Shakeel Ahmed, the report said the city has transformed under the Congress rule.
"A lot of development has taken place in the city under the Congress rule. The city has transformed and we have achieved a lot. This (report) is a reminder of all the development work we have done," said Dikshit at the function.
Focusing specially on improvements in infrastructure as well as social security schemes, the report said the development was visible in the city.
"There are no more 24-hour power cuts, unemployment rate has gone down, the per capita income is the highest in the country and similar improvements can be seen in government schools and medical care," said the party.
The leaders also slammed their rivals - the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) led by Arvind Kejriwal and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Taking a dig at the AAP, Agarwal said the party has come up overnight and mocked the BJP for its infighting.
"It`s a party without a leader... they are divided," said Agarwal.
Assuring that the Congress would win for the fourth consecutive time in Delhi, Ahmed said Dikshit has given the people of Delhi what all she had promised before the elections.
Elections to the Delhi assembly are due in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured