Delhi student`s murder: Friends being questioned
New Delhi: Delhi Police said Saturday they were questioning the friends of the 20-year-old engineering student who was stabbed to death near his south Delhi home Thursday night.
Shobit Modi, a second year Information Technology student at Manav Rachna University in Faridabad, was stabbed near C-block in Vasant Kunj around 10 pm Thursday.
He was taken to Fortis Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
"We have formed seven police teams to investigate the matter. We are questioning the victim`s friends as he had a huge friends-circle. He was with five of his friends till 9 p.m. Thursday night at the DLF Promenade mall," a police officer told IANS.
"He had four stab wounds, one on the chest, one in the abdomen and two in the back," the officer added.
Police have ruled out robbery as a motive for the murder.
"This does not seem to be a case of robbery, as we found his i-phone, a costly wristwatch and purse with money near the body," said the officer.
According to police, Shobit had left his house around 4.30 p.m. for DLF Promenade and was there with five of his friends till 9 p.m.
The closed-circuit television footages from the mall showed him with a girl around 9 p.m. after which Shobit called his mother to inform her that he was coming home in 20 minutes.
Shobit`s father Suraj Modi is a general manager in the Mines and Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam