Delhi sweats at 38.6 C
New Delhi: Delhiites felt the summer heat
for another day today with mercury peaking to an intolerable
38.6 degree Celsius and remaining above normal level during
Today`s maximum was seven degrees above normal for
this time of the year while the minimum touched 20.5 degree
Celsius, five degrees above normal. This March is one of the
hottest in the recent years.
Last year, the record for maximum in the month of
March was recorded at 34.5 degree Celisus on 25th while for
2008, it was 37.5 degrees on the 19th.
Yesterday, the city has recorded a maximum of 38.6
degree Celsius while the minimum was 22 degrees. On Sunday,
the mercury had touched the second highest of 39.2 degree
Celsius in the past 65 years for the month of March.
The Met office predicted no relief for Delhiites
tomorrow and said the mercury would oscillate between 20 and
The all time record for maximum in the month of March
was recorded on the 31st of 1945 when the mercury touched 40.1
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie