Delhi sweats at 38.6 C
New Delhi: Delhiites felt the summer heat
for another day today with mercury peaking to an intolerable
38.6 degree Celsius and remaining above normal level during
Today`s maximum was seven degrees above normal for
this time of the year while the minimum touched 20.5 degree
Celsius, five degrees above normal. This March is one of the
hottest in the recent years.
Last year, the record for maximum in the month of
March was recorded at 34.5 degree Celisus on 25th while for
2008, it was 37.5 degrees on the 19th.
Yesterday, the city has recorded a maximum of 38.6
degree Celsius while the minimum was 22 degrees. On Sunday,
the mercury had touched the second highest of 39.2 degree
Celsius in the past 65 years for the month of March.
The Met office predicted no relief for Delhiites
tomorrow and said the mercury would oscillate between 20 and
The all time record for maximum in the month of March
was recorded on the 31st of 1945 when the mercury touched 40.1
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video