Delhi: Teeanger murdered; police await autopsy rpt
New Delhi: Delhi Police is awaiting the
post-mortem report of a teenage girl who was murdered
allegedly by a youth to ascertain whether that she was not
sexually assaulted as claimed by the accused.
Om Yadav (28) was arrested yesterday on charges of
killing the 16-year-old girl in his rented accommodation in
Dwarka following investigations into a missing complaint filed
by her parents on Saturday.
Tracing a telephone call made by the girl to her family
asking them to save her, police arrested Yadav who told
investigators that her body was in his rented accommodation.
He claimed that he killed her after she resisted attempts
to rape her.
Yadav was produced before a court here on Sunday which sent
him to four days` police custody.
Investigators said they do not think that more people
were involved in the murder though they have questioned some
of Yadav`s friends.
During initial interrogation, a senior police official
said, Yadav claimed that the girl gave him a "missed call" on
"He has claimed that the girl had called him. But we do
not know the truth. We are questioning him," the official
said. Yadav also told police that the girl had informed her
family that she would be late in reaching home.
"According to the accused, they bought some food. He
bought some cough syrup also. He also told us that he has not
taken the girl to his room earlier," the official said.
The official said it appeared that he allegedly gave her
some sedatives and took her to the room where she regained
consciousness and resisted his attempts to assault her.
The victim was preparing for pre-medical test from a
coaching institute in Janakpuri.
Yadav deals in building material and had taken the flat
on rent in January. The girl`s bag has been recovered from his
house in Hastsal.
The victim`s father is a soldier in Army and posted in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video