Delhi: Three arrested with liquor during polling
New Delhi: Three persons were arrested on Sunday in central Delhi for allegedly possessing liquor bottles during voting in municipal elections here, police said.
Virender Rana (25) was apprehended from Patel Nagar during a checking.
"With a view to keep a check on bootlegging in view of the forthcoming MCD election, a special drive was launched against the bootleggers in Central District area. The checking was on and a Nano car was spotted and was signalled to stop.
"But the driver reversed the car and tried to flee. He was overpowered and on the search of the car, 192 quarters of Diplomat Whisky were seized rom the car," Devesh Srivastava, Additional Commissioner of Police (Central), said.
In the second incident, Raj Kumar (44) and Rajesh Adil (32) were arrested from Prem Nagar area allegedly with 155 quarters of DSP brand whisky, he said.
Separate cases were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!