Delhi: Three arrested with liquor during polling
New Delhi: Three persons were arrested on Sunday in central Delhi for allegedly possessing liquor bottles during voting in municipal elections here, police said.
Virender Rana (25) was apprehended from Patel Nagar during a checking.
"With a view to keep a check on bootlegging in view of the forthcoming MCD election, a special drive was launched against the bootleggers in Central District area. The checking was on and a Nano car was spotted and was signalled to stop.
"But the driver reversed the car and tried to flee. He was overpowered and on the search of the car, 192 quarters of Diplomat Whisky were seized rom the car," Devesh Srivastava, Additional Commissioner of Police (Central), said.
In the second incident, Raj Kumar (44) and Rajesh Adil (32) were arrested from Prem Nagar area allegedly with 155 quarters of DSP brand whisky, he said.
Separate cases were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy