Delhi: Three arrested with liquor during polling
New Delhi: Three persons were arrested on Sunday in central Delhi for allegedly possessing liquor bottles during voting in municipal elections here, police said.
Virender Rana (25) was apprehended from Patel Nagar during a checking.
"With a view to keep a check on bootlegging in view of the forthcoming MCD election, a special drive was launched against the bootleggers in Central District area. The checking was on and a Nano car was spotted and was signalled to stop.
"But the driver reversed the car and tried to flee. He was overpowered and on the search of the car, 192 quarters of Diplomat Whisky were seized rom the car," Devesh Srivastava, Additional Commissioner of Police (Central), said.
In the second incident, Raj Kumar (44) and Rajesh Adil (32) were arrested from Prem Nagar area allegedly with 155 quarters of DSP brand whisky, he said.
Separate cases were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof