Delhi: Three Metro stations to be closed Sunday
New Delhi: Three Metro stations in the vicinity of Parliament House will be closed for a few hours and services partially curtailed on two lines on the occasion of Beating Retreat Sunday, Delhi Metro officials said Saturday.
According to Metro officials, the stations at the Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan and Khan Market will remain closed from 3 pm to 6.30 pm.
"This is part of the security arrangements for Beating Retreat. These Metro stations either fall on the path of the Rajpath or close to it," a Metro official said.
However, interchange of passengers from line two (Central Secretariat - Vishwavidyalaya) and line six (Central Secretariat - Badarpur) will be allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown