Delhi to be connected to Manesar, Neemrana by rail
New Delhi: The capital`s connectivity to Manesar in Haryana and Neemrana in Rajasthan is set to get a boost as the DMICDC is working to create a rail-based Mass Rapid Transit System in this corridor.
Officials said the Delhi-Manesar-Bawal-Neemrana corridor is one of the two projects in the National Capital Region, the second being a project to improve connectivity between Dadri-Noida and Ghaziabad investment region.
The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation has initiated a consultation process with the Urban Development ministry for the implementation of these projects, officials said.
The transportation projects are being developed with a view to link new DMICDC greenfield industrial cities to areas which serve as residential hubs for workers.
Officials said a meeting would soon be held under the chairmanship of Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna, which would also include officials of the Railway ministry and DMICDC to deliberate the projects.
The connectivity in the NCR regions is likely to witness a huge improvement as three more Regional Rapid Transit System corridors will be developed by National Capital Region Transport Corporation.
The cabinet has recently approved the proposal of this corporation to implement RRTS corridors linking Delhi with Panipat, Alwar and Meerut.
Officials said the National Capital Region Planning Board will be holding a meeting with officials from NCR states to decide alignment of these three corridors in the last week of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla