Delhi to be connected to Manesar, Neemrana by rail
New Delhi: The capital`s connectivity to Manesar in Haryana and Neemrana in Rajasthan is set to get a boost as the DMICDC is working to create a rail-based Mass Rapid Transit System in this corridor.
Officials said the Delhi-Manesar-Bawal-Neemrana corridor is one of the two projects in the National Capital Region, the second being a project to improve connectivity between Dadri-Noida and Ghaziabad investment region.
The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation has initiated a consultation process with the Urban Development ministry for the implementation of these projects, officials said.
The transportation projects are being developed with a view to link new DMICDC greenfield industrial cities to areas which serve as residential hubs for workers.
Officials said a meeting would soon be held under the chairmanship of Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna, which would also include officials of the Railway ministry and DMICDC to deliberate the projects.
The connectivity in the NCR regions is likely to witness a huge improvement as three more Regional Rapid Transit System corridors will be developed by National Capital Region Transport Corporation.
The cabinet has recently approved the proposal of this corporation to implement RRTS corridors linking Delhi with Panipat, Alwar and Meerut.
Officials said the National Capital Region Planning Board will be holding a meeting with officials from NCR states to decide alignment of these three corridors in the last week of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister