Delhi to have cooler Thursday, rains likely
New Delhi: After days of searing heat when temperatures stayed over 40 degrees Celsius, the weatherman has forecast a relatively cooler Thursday in the capital with light rains in some parts later in the day.
"The maximum temperature will be around 38 degrees Celsius Thursday. The skies will remain mainly cloudy with light rains likely in some areas of the capital," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
While the maximum temperature Wednesday was five notches above the season`s average at 41.2 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature Thursday settled at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal for the season.
Humidity level also was high in the capital, the maximum recorded at 77 percent at 8:30 am Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi