Delhi to have cooler Thursday, rains likely
New Delhi: After days of searing heat when temperatures stayed over 40 degrees Celsius, the weatherman has forecast a relatively cooler Thursday in the capital with light rains in some parts later in the day.
"The maximum temperature will be around 38 degrees Celsius Thursday. The skies will remain mainly cloudy with light rains likely in some areas of the capital," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
While the maximum temperature Wednesday was five notches above the season`s average at 41.2 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature Thursday settled at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal for the season.
Humidity level also was high in the capital, the maximum recorded at 77 percent at 8:30 am Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview