Delhi to have cooler Thursday, rains likely
New Delhi: After days of searing heat when temperatures stayed over 40 degrees Celsius, the weatherman has forecast a relatively cooler Thursday in the capital with light rains in some parts later in the day.
"The maximum temperature will be around 38 degrees Celsius Thursday. The skies will remain mainly cloudy with light rains likely in some areas of the capital," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
While the maximum temperature Wednesday was five notches above the season`s average at 41.2 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature Thursday settled at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal for the season.
Humidity level also was high in the capital, the maximum recorded at 77 percent at 8:30 am Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!