Delhi to have Lord Venkateswara temple
Hyderabad: The Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam (TTD), the body that manages activities and funds
at the Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh,
is constructing a grand Balaji temple in Delhi.
"Construction of the Venkateswara temple in Delhi has
began. The temple is being built at Gole Market in the capital
and it will be completed by December, 2010 latest. A `dhyana
mandiram` is also being built," TTD Executive Officer I Y R
Krishna Rao told agency here.
The TTD will also be organising a `Kalyanotsavam`
(wedding ceremony of the Lord) at the famous Sri Venkateswara
College in New Delhi on March 21, and Raya Vellore in Tamil
Nadu later in the month, he said.
The TTD has received requests for organising the
`Kalyanotsavam` from many states like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka
and at Mumbai in Maharashtra. The objective of organising the
event in various towns and cities is propagation of spiritual
values among the people.
"The `Srinivasa Kalyanam` is not independent. It is
part of our efforts for propagation of Hindu philosophy and
values," Rao said.
The `Kalyanotsavam`, recently organised by the TTD at
Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu drew huge crowds.
The TTD supervises and oversees the activities,
operations and finances of Tirupati and has several temples
and sub-shrines under its control.
The Executive Officer said the TTD is also laying
emphasis on Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel (SVBC) that was
set up for propagation of spiritual values among other things.
In addition to serials on Hindu religious texts, the
channel shows live various `pujas` (prayers) conducted at the
Tirupati temple, which are a huge hit with the devotees in
Andhra Pradesh and other southern states.
Expressing happiness over the channel winning 11
awards in various disciplines from the Andhra Pradesh
government recently, Rao said the present Rs 50 crore budget
of the channel can be increased further, provided value for
money and commitment of the people is assured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org