Delhi to sizzle over the weekend
New Delhi: Delhiites continued to reel under the scorching heat with the maximum temperature likely to hover around 44 degrees Celsius on Saturday, weather officials said.
The minimum temperature recorded on Saturday morning was 26.5 degrees Celsius, a good six notches above the normal. The weatherman has forecast a further rise in temperature during the weekend.
Delhi on Friday recorded 42.9 degrees Celsius, the hottest day of the season.
"There will be no respite from the scorching summer as mercury continues to go northwards. Heat wave condition is likely to prevail in the capital," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
Weather officials attributed the blazing heat to the lack of western disturbances over Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy