Delhi top cops own high-value properties
New Delhi: Almost all top officials of Delhi Police own more than one piece of land or building, most of which were purchased and not inherited.
City Police Commissioner B K Gupta owns two flats in the capital while one of the Special Commissioners, Ranjit Narayan, does not own a single immovable property.
The facts came to light as Union Home Ministry made public the assets of IPS officers on its web site.
Interestingly, Gupta`s statement is for the year 2000 while others have filed their statements for 2010.
According to the assets statement by Gupta filed in 1993, the Commissioner owns a DDA flat in Alaknanda and another flat in Sarita Vihar. He bought the Sarita Vihar flat after selling a flat in Ghaziabad.
In his statement for 2000, he said his assets were same as that of 1993.
Special Commissioner (Administration) Ajay Chadha, a 1978-batch officer, and his wife Poonam own a plot each in Jonti village on the outskirts of Delhi while another Special
Commissioner Satish Chandra has inherited property in Allahabad and has also booked a flat in Gurgaon for Rs 1.03 crore.
S K Jain, Special Commissioner (Vigilance), owns houses in Jaipur and Gurgaon, besides booking a flat in Gurgaon.
However, Narayan does not have any immovable property. Joint Commissioner J K Sharma owns a DDA flat in Dwarka while his wife owns another on the posh Rao Tula Ram Marg which fetches the couple Rs one lakh as rent.
His wife also owns a ground floor and basement of a building in Greater Kailash which is valued at Rs 1.6 crore.
Chhaya Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South),
owns a DDA flat in Motia Khan whose present value is at Rs 56
However her husband Vivek Kishore, who is presently DCP (Central), does not have any property as per the statement
filed by him in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room