Delhi Traffic Police traffic advisory for trade fair
New Delhi: Anticipating heavy rush for India International Trade Fair (IITF) which starts at Pragati Maidan on Thursday, Delhi Traffic Police on Wednesday issued an advisory for people not connected to the event to take alternative routes to avoid congestion.
"Traffic congestion is expected on Mathura Road, Bhairon Marg, Ring Road, Shershah Road and Purana Quila Road on the days of the fair which attracts about one lakh visitors daily.
"To ensure smooth flow of traffic and avoid congestion, vehicles will not be allowed to halt or park anywhere at Mathura Road, Bhairon Marg, Sher Shah and Purana Qila Road," the advisory said.
Improperly parked vehicles will be towed away and will attract a fine of Rs 600 excluding the towing charges.
Visitors travelling by the Metro train can alight at Pragati Maidan Metro station. Those travelling by DTC buses can alight at bus stops on Mathura Road and Bhairon Marg.
For the visitors using own vehicles, Park and Ride facility will be provided at two locations from where there will be free shuttle services to take visitors to Pragati Maidan.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Anil Shukla said DTC will run a shuttle service in and around Pragati Maidan during the fair which will end on November 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'