Delhi triple murder accused held after 16 years
New Delhi: A 44-year-old gangster from Uttar Pradesh was arrested here in connection with a triple murder that took place in the capital 16 years ago, Delhi Police said Sunday.
Ravi Prakash, a resident of Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh and a notorious gangster, was arrested from a guest house in south Delhi`s Chitranjan Park Saturday.
"He was the main accused in the 1996 Personal Point Triple Murder case of south Delhi," said Ajany Chaudhry, additional commissioner of police.
A civic agency contractor allegedly hired Prakash and others to kill Personal Point fitness centre`s head Sunil Kaul and his two women employees, Sujata Shah and Deepa Gupta. The contractor wanted to marry Shah but Kaul was opposed to it, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31