Delhi triple murder accused held after 16 years
New Delhi: A 44-year-old gangster from Uttar Pradesh was arrested here in connection with a triple murder that took place in the capital 16 years ago, Delhi Police said Sunday.
Ravi Prakash, a resident of Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh and a notorious gangster, was arrested from a guest house in south Delhi`s Chitranjan Park Saturday.
"He was the main accused in the 1996 Personal Point Triple Murder case of south Delhi," said Ajany Chaudhry, additional commissioner of police.
A civic agency contractor allegedly hired Prakash and others to kill Personal Point fitness centre`s head Sunil Kaul and his two women employees, Sujata Shah and Deepa Gupta. The contractor wanted to marry Shah but Kaul was opposed to it, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?