Delhi University appoints new Registrar
New Delhi: Delhi University has appointed a new Registrar in the place of Alka Sharma, who was repatriated to her parent cadre after her extension was terminated.
The government had last week terminated the extension given to Sharma, who was under attack for her role in the controversial Four-Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) scrapped in June.
"Consequent upon relinquishing of the office of the Registrar by Alka Sharma, IDAS, Professor Tarun Kumar Das, Department of Mathematics shall look after the duties of the Registrar of the University with immediate effect," an official statement issued by the Deputy Registrar (Establishment) said.
Sharma, a 1988 batch Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS) officer, was on deputation for seven years and nine months. She joined the university as finance officer in 2006 and was elevated to the position of Registrar in June 2012.
In January, she was granted an extension till the completion of her three years as Registrar till June 2015.
Following the memorandum issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), the MHRD had communicated to the University to relieve Sharma from the duties of registrar with immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack