Delhi University releases 6th cut off list
New Delhi: Even after five rounds of admissions in Delhi University, a number of colleges are yet to fill seats in the reserved OBC category, as was made amply clear by a sixth cut off released by colleges.
In a majority of colleges, seats remained in the OBC category, and some brought down the cut offs by as much as four percentage points.
The University also said that many of the colleges will announce another cut off list in the coming days.
There was some surprise was general category students as well. Ramjas college reopened admission for B Com (hons) after closing it in the fifth list, asking for a cut off of 95.5 to 97.5 per cent.
Kirorimal college too had good news in store for general category students as it brought down the required cut off for admission to Economics (hons) by as much as three percentage points from 95.75 to 92.
Some other colleges which still had openings for general category students were IP college, Satyawati college (Evening) and Sri Venkateswara college.
Hindu college brought down the cut off for OBC students for Economics (hons) by a good 4 percentage point margin though for B Com (hons) it cut the cut off by only 0.5 percentage point.
Deshbandhu college brought down its required cut off for Economics for OBC students from 71 to 68 per cent and IP college too cut the cut off from 81 to 78.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16