Delhi University releases 6th cut off list
New Delhi: Even after five rounds of admissions in Delhi University, a number of colleges are yet to fill seats in the reserved OBC category, as was made amply clear by a sixth cut off released by colleges.
In a majority of colleges, seats remained in the OBC category, and some brought down the cut offs by as much as four percentage points.
The University also said that many of the colleges will announce another cut off list in the coming days.
There was some surprise was general category students as well. Ramjas college reopened admission for B Com (hons) after closing it in the fifth list, asking for a cut off of 95.5 to 97.5 per cent.
Kirorimal college too had good news in store for general category students as it brought down the required cut off for admission to Economics (hons) by as much as three percentage points from 95.75 to 92.
Some other colleges which still had openings for general category students were IP college, Satyawati college (Evening) and Sri Venkateswara college.
Hindu college brought down the cut off for OBC students for Economics (hons) by a good 4 percentage point margin though for B Com (hons) it cut the cut off by only 0.5 percentage point.
Deshbandhu college brought down its required cut off for Economics for OBC students from 71 to 68 per cent and IP college too cut the cut off from 81 to 78.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt