Delhi varsity students plan demonstration outside Secretariat
New Delhi: A group of Delhi University students has decided to stage a demonstration outside the Delhi Secretariat on Friday to press for their demands of affordable education, transport and accommodation before the Chief Minister.
"The Delhi University students today suffer from massive problems of transport, absence of hostels and unbridled rent in private accommodation and of course, the mounting problem of infrastructure in colleges," said Sunny Kumar of All India Students` Association (AISA).
In a feedback campaign more than 10,000 students have expressed their views on the pressing issues of transportation problems, sky-rocketing room rent, and the disastrous implications of Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) on the academic life of DU, he added.
Kumar said their demands include concessional student Metro and bus passes, mechanism to regularise room rent, arrangement of affordable accommodations, and scraping of FYUP and giving honours degree in three years to the current batch of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan