Delhi varsity students plan demonstration outside Secretariat
New Delhi: A group of Delhi University students has decided to stage a demonstration outside the Delhi Secretariat on Friday to press for their demands of affordable education, transport and accommodation before the Chief Minister.
"The Delhi University students today suffer from massive problems of transport, absence of hostels and unbridled rent in private accommodation and of course, the mounting problem of infrastructure in colleges," said Sunny Kumar of All India Students` Association (AISA).
In a feedback campaign more than 10,000 students have expressed their views on the pressing issues of transportation problems, sky-rocketing room rent, and the disastrous implications of Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) on the academic life of DU, he added.
Kumar said their demands include concessional student Metro and bus passes, mechanism to regularise room rent, arrangement of affordable accommodations, and scraping of FYUP and giving honours degree in three years to the current batch of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'