Delhi wakes up to fog, slight chill
New Delhi: A thin layer of fog enveloped parts of the capital early Sunday morning with the winter chill beginning to set in as the minimum temperature was recorded at 14.6 degrees Celsius.
The skies cleared later and the day is expected to be warm.
"The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 27 degrees," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told a news agency.
There was 100 percent humidity in the morning, the official said.
On Saturday, the maximum temperature settled a notch below average at 27.5 degrees and the minimum was recorded at 15.1 degrees, two notches above average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire