Delhi: Water supply severely affected
New Delhi: Supply of water was severely affected in various parts of South, West and North Delhi on Saturday and the situation is likely to deteriorate further due to cut in raw water supply by Haryana to the national capital.
Delhi Jal Board officials said treatment of water has come down sharply at the Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant following cut in supply by Haryana.
The officials said the issue has been taken up with the "highest authority" of the neighbouring state.
They said due to shortage of water, supply of water was affetced in many areas of South Delhi today as well.
"Due to raw water supply being restricted by Haryana, production at Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant has been affected leading to short supply of water in South, South-West, West and North-West parts of Delhi," a DJB official said.
Treated water produced at the Haiderpur plant is distributed in most areas of South Delhi.
The officials said water level at Wazirabad pond has also dropped sharply which may affect production of water at Wazirabad water treatment plant also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!