Delhi: Water supply severely affected
New Delhi: Supply of water was severely affected in various parts of South, West and North Delhi on Saturday and the situation is likely to deteriorate further due to cut in raw water supply by Haryana to the national capital.
Delhi Jal Board officials said treatment of water has come down sharply at the Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant following cut in supply by Haryana.
The officials said the issue has been taken up with the "highest authority" of the neighbouring state.
They said due to shortage of water, supply of water was affetced in many areas of South Delhi today as well.
"Due to raw water supply being restricted by Haryana, production at Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant has been affected leading to short supply of water in South, South-West, West and North-West parts of Delhi," a DJB official said.
Treated water produced at the Haiderpur plant is distributed in most areas of South Delhi.
The officials said water level at Wazirabad pond has also dropped sharply which may affect production of water at Wazirabad water treatment plant also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees