Delhi: Water supply severely affected
New Delhi: Supply of water was severely affected in various parts of South, West and North Delhi on Saturday and the situation is likely to deteriorate further due to cut in raw water supply by Haryana to the national capital.
Delhi Jal Board officials said treatment of water has come down sharply at the Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant following cut in supply by Haryana.
The officials said the issue has been taken up with the "highest authority" of the neighbouring state.
They said due to shortage of water, supply of water was affetced in many areas of South Delhi today as well.
"Due to raw water supply being restricted by Haryana, production at Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant has been affected leading to short supply of water in South, South-West, West and North-West parts of Delhi," a DJB official said.
Treated water produced at the Haiderpur plant is distributed in most areas of South Delhi.
The officials said water level at Wazirabad pond has also dropped sharply which may affect production of water at Wazirabad water treatment plant also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown