Delhi: Water supply severely affected
New Delhi: Supply of water was severely affected in various parts of South, West and North Delhi on Saturday and the situation is likely to deteriorate further due to cut in raw water supply by Haryana to the national capital.
Delhi Jal Board officials said treatment of water has come down sharply at the Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant following cut in supply by Haryana.
The officials said the issue has been taken up with the "highest authority" of the neighbouring state.
They said due to shortage of water, supply of water was affetced in many areas of South Delhi today as well.
"Due to raw water supply being restricted by Haryana, production at Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant has been affected leading to short supply of water in South, South-West, West and North-West parts of Delhi," a DJB official said.
Treated water produced at the Haiderpur plant is distributed in most areas of South Delhi.
The officials said water level at Wazirabad pond has also dropped sharply which may affect production of water at Wazirabad water treatment plant also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya