Delhi: Water supply severely affected
New Delhi: Supply of water was severely affected in various parts of South, West and North Delhi on Saturday and the situation is likely to deteriorate further due to cut in raw water supply by Haryana to the national capital.
Delhi Jal Board officials said treatment of water has come down sharply at the Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant following cut in supply by Haryana.
The officials said the issue has been taken up with the "highest authority" of the neighbouring state.
They said due to shortage of water, supply of water was affetced in many areas of South Delhi today as well.
"Due to raw water supply being restricted by Haryana, production at Haiderpur Water Treatment Plant has been affected leading to short supply of water in South, South-West, West and North-West parts of Delhi," a DJB official said.
Treated water produced at the Haiderpur plant is distributed in most areas of South Delhi.
The officials said water level at Wazirabad pond has also dropped sharply which may affect production of water at Wazirabad water treatment plant also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog