Delhi woman gang-raped by cops, their friends; 4 arrested
Noida: A Delhi-based
woman was allegedly gang-raped and her male friend assaulted by two police
constables and their three friends here on the outskirts of the national
Four of the accused, including the two PAC constables, have
been arrested for the incident that took place yesterday, and the PAC jeep used
by them has also been seized, SP (City) Yogesh Singh said, adding that hunt is
on to nab the fifth accused.
The 25-year-old was with her property dealer friend in the
B-Block of Sector-105 area last night when the five men came in the jeep,
assaulted him and raped the woman, Singh said.
They also took away her mobile phone and ATM card, which
they used to buy fuel for their jeep, he said.
The woman, a resident of Old Shahadara in Delhi, said in her
complaint that she had come to meet her friend.
"The woman said that between 7 and 8 PM, five men,
including the two PAC constables entered their room, overpowered her friend and
then raped her," a police officer said.
"On getting information about the rape, police swung
into action and arrested four of the accused. Two of them were identified as
PAC head constable Banshi Ram Sharma and constable Subhash. Other two accused
were Arun Kumar and Bunty, their friends. One Jeetu is absconding," the SP
PAC 49 battalion circle officer`s jeep, which was used by
the accused, has been seized, he said.
A case under sections
376 (rape), 392 (robbery), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 334 (voluntarily
causing hurt on provocation) has been registered at Noida`s Sector 39 police
station, and further investigations are on in the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami