Delhi: Woman jumps off flyover, fractures both legs to prove her love
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman jumped off a flyover in Delhi, in an attempt to commit suicide to prove her love.
The incident occurred near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi on Tuesday evening. She was immediately rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital where doctors operated upon her as both her legs were found fractured.
According to reports, the police have identified the women as Anita. She jumped off the flyover after a heated argument with her alleged boyfriend Wasim. They were in a relationship for the past five years. Last year, she had returned to her hometown in Agra.
"The woman had come down from Agra to meet him after one of her friends told her about Wasim being engaged to another girl in Delhi and she saw his pictures with another girl on a mobile application. Angry over this, she came to Delhi to meet him," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Kumar said.
Kumar added, "While arguing, Wasim asked her to prove her love by jumping off the flyover and Anita jumped off on impulse. The woman said she jumped as she was asked to prove her love."
Reportedly, Anita had approached Wasim`s parents with a marriage proposal but they did not agree as she belongs to a different community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!