Delhi: Woman jumps off flyover, fractures both legs to prove her love
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman jumped off a flyover in Delhi, in an attempt to commit suicide to prove her love.
The incident occurred near Mayur Vihar in east Delhi on Tuesday evening. She was immediately rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital where doctors operated upon her as both her legs were found fractured.
According to reports, the police have identified the women as Anita. She jumped off the flyover after a heated argument with her alleged boyfriend Wasim. They were in a relationship for the past five years. Last year, she had returned to her hometown in Agra.
"The woman had come down from Agra to meet him after one of her friends told her about Wasim being engaged to another girl in Delhi and she saw his pictures with another girl on a mobile application. Angry over this, she came to Delhi to meet him," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Kumar said.
Kumar added, "While arguing, Wasim asked her to prove her love by jumping off the flyover and Anita jumped off on impulse. The woman said she jumped as she was asked to prove her love."
Reportedly, Anita had approached Wasim`s parents with a marriage proposal but they did not agree as she belongs to a different community.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt