Delhi woman killed, mother injured in their house
New Delhi: A woman was killed and her mother was injured after unidentified people attacked them inside their home here, police said Sunday.
Sonia, 22, and her mother Santara, 40, were found lying in a pool of blood inside their home in the Narela area of west Delhi early Sunday morning.
Sonia`s teenaged brother spotted them and informed the police.
The two women were taken to a hospital were doctors declared Sonia brought dead. Santara is recovering there.
Police said it seems the two were beaten up with stones and sticks and the house was ransacked. They have also not ruled out the possibility of personal enmity behind the attack.
Santara`s husband works as a watchman at a farmhouse, located in the same area.
At night, both her sons slept with their father at the farmhouse. When one of them came home in the morning, he found the two women lying in pools of blood and called police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read