Delhi woman killed, mother injured in their house
New Delhi: A woman was killed and her mother was injured after unidentified people attacked them inside their home here, police said Sunday.
Sonia, 22, and her mother Santara, 40, were found lying in a pool of blood inside their home in the Narela area of west Delhi early Sunday morning.
Sonia`s teenaged brother spotted them and informed the police.
The two women were taken to a hospital were doctors declared Sonia brought dead. Santara is recovering there.
Police said it seems the two were beaten up with stones and sticks and the house was ransacked. They have also not ruled out the possibility of personal enmity behind the attack.
Santara`s husband works as a watchman at a farmhouse, located in the same area.
At night, both her sons slept with their father at the farmhouse. When one of them came home in the morning, he found the two women lying in pools of blood and called police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users