Delhi woman killed, mother injured in their house
New Delhi: A woman was killed and her mother was injured after unidentified people attacked them inside their home here, police said Sunday.
Sonia, 22, and her mother Santara, 40, were found lying in a pool of blood inside their home in the Narela area of west Delhi early Sunday morning.
Sonia`s teenaged brother spotted them and informed the police.
The two women were taken to a hospital were doctors declared Sonia brought dead. Santara is recovering there.
Police said it seems the two were beaten up with stones and sticks and the house was ransacked. They have also not ruled out the possibility of personal enmity behind the attack.
Santara`s husband works as a watchman at a farmhouse, located in the same area.
At night, both her sons slept with their father at the farmhouse. When one of them came home in the morning, he found the two women lying in pools of blood and called police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air