Delhi: Young cyclist killed after being hit by bus
New Delhi: A young cyclist was killed and another injured when a DTC bus hit them in central Delhi this evening triggering protest by locals who damaged the vehicle, police said.
The incident took place in Delhi Gate area near Daryaganj at around 6:30 pm and the deceased has been identified as Oddin (24). The injured has been identified as Iqbal.
Odin and his friends were allegedly coming from the wrong side when the bus hit them. Police said the bus was coming from Nathupura via Daryaganj and heading towards Central Secretariat while Odin was coming from Daryaganj. The bus driver was arrested. Angry over the accident, locals damaged the vehicle after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics