Delhi youth dies in Iran, parents claim cheated by institute
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth from Delhi, who had allegedly been lured to Iran by a private coaching centre on the pretext of a job and was forcibly being made to work as a labourer, died due to prolonged illness there, police said today.
Pradeep, a resident of Burari area, was sent to Iran last year by the coaching institute which said that he had got a job in the merchant navy in Iran, according to the complaint filed by the youth`s father Haridutt against the institute.
The institute, located in Chattarpur area, had taken around Rs 8 lakh from Pradeep as fee for his course.
"Pradeep had taken special classes with the coaching institute two years ago. He had then studied for 9 months at a Kolkata-based institute, after which he returned to Delhi.
"The coaching institute on October 7, 2013 sent Pradeep to Iran, saying that he had got the job of a seaman, but he was made to work as a labourer," Pradeep`s relative said.
Pradeep`s parents have also alleged that he was forced to work as a labourer and claimed that he had not contacted them for some time, a police officer said.
Investigation into the case has been initiated and police will soon interrogate the management of Pradeep`s coaching institute, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!