Delhi youth dies in Iran, parents claim cheated by institute
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth from Delhi, who had allegedly been lured to Iran by a private coaching centre on the pretext of a job and was forcibly being made to work as a labourer, died due to prolonged illness there, police said today.
Pradeep, a resident of Burari area, was sent to Iran last year by the coaching institute which said that he had got a job in the merchant navy in Iran, according to the complaint filed by the youth`s father Haridutt against the institute.
The institute, located in Chattarpur area, had taken around Rs 8 lakh from Pradeep as fee for his course.
"Pradeep had taken special classes with the coaching institute two years ago. He had then studied for 9 months at a Kolkata-based institute, after which he returned to Delhi.
"The coaching institute on October 7, 2013 sent Pradeep to Iran, saying that he had got the job of a seaman, but he was made to work as a labourer," Pradeep`s relative said.
Pradeep`s parents have also alleged that he was forced to work as a labourer and claimed that he had not contacted them for some time, a police officer said.
Investigation into the case has been initiated and police will soon interrogate the management of Pradeep`s coaching institute, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!