Delhi youth dies in Iran, parents claim cheated by institute
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth from Delhi, who had allegedly been lured to Iran by a private coaching centre on the pretext of a job and was forcibly being made to work as a labourer, died due to prolonged illness there, police said today.
Pradeep, a resident of Burari area, was sent to Iran last year by the coaching institute which said that he had got a job in the merchant navy in Iran, according to the complaint filed by the youth`s father Haridutt against the institute.
The institute, located in Chattarpur area, had taken around Rs 8 lakh from Pradeep as fee for his course.
"Pradeep had taken special classes with the coaching institute two years ago. He had then studied for 9 months at a Kolkata-based institute, after which he returned to Delhi.
"The coaching institute on October 7, 2013 sent Pradeep to Iran, saying that he had got the job of a seaman, but he was made to work as a labourer," Pradeep`s relative said.
Pradeep`s parents have also alleged that he was forced to work as a labourer and claimed that he had not contacted them for some time, a police officer said.
Investigation into the case has been initiated and police will soon interrogate the management of Pradeep`s coaching institute, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4