Delhi: Youths open fire at waiter for refusing to eat leftovers
New Delhi: A young man on Sunday opened fire at a waiter who refused to eat the leftover food after he and his friends finished eating at a dhaba here.
However, the victim escaped without any wounds.
The man identified as Rajesh was caught with a pistol after he fired at Monu, who hails from Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh, at around 6.30 am near Shivaji Stadium in Connaught Place in the heart of the capital.
Police said Rajesh along with his friends Vishal and Sahil had come to the dhabha where Monu is working as a waiter in the morning and had some food.
After they were done with eating, they forced the waiter to have the leftover food.
"When Monu refused to do so, Rajesh took out a pistol from his pocket and fired at the victim. But the victim escaped without any injury," police said.
While Rajesh was immediately arrested, his two associates managed to escape from the spot.
Police have registered an FIR and are on the lookout for the two who escaped after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what