Delhi: Youths open fire at waiter for refusing to eat leftovers
New Delhi: A young man on Sunday opened fire at a waiter who refused to eat the leftover food after he and his friends finished eating at a dhaba here.
However, the victim escaped without any wounds.
The man identified as Rajesh was caught with a pistol after he fired at Monu, who hails from Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh, at around 6.30 am near Shivaji Stadium in Connaught Place in the heart of the capital.
Police said Rajesh along with his friends Vishal and Sahil had come to the dhabha where Monu is working as a waiter in the morning and had some food.
After they were done with eating, they forced the waiter to have the leftover food.
"When Monu refused to do so, Rajesh took out a pistol from his pocket and fired at the victim. But the victim escaped without any injury," police said.
While Rajesh was immediately arrested, his two associates managed to escape from the spot.
Police have registered an FIR and are on the lookout for the two who escaped after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray