Delhi: Youths open fire at waiter for refusing to eat leftovers
New Delhi: A young man on Sunday opened fire at a waiter who refused to eat the leftover food after he and his friends finished eating at a dhaba here.
However, the victim escaped without any wounds.
The man identified as Rajesh was caught with a pistol after he fired at Monu, who hails from Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh, at around 6.30 am near Shivaji Stadium in Connaught Place in the heart of the capital.
Police said Rajesh along with his friends Vishal and Sahil had come to the dhabha where Monu is working as a waiter in the morning and had some food.
After they were done with eating, they forced the waiter to have the leftover food.
"When Monu refused to do so, Rajesh took out a pistol from his pocket and fired at the victim. But the victim escaped without any injury," police said.
While Rajesh was immediately arrested, his two associates managed to escape from the spot.
Police have registered an FIR and are on the lookout for the two who escaped after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA