Delhi: Youths open fire at waiter for refusing to eat leftovers
New Delhi: A young man on Sunday opened fire at a waiter who refused to eat the leftover food after he and his friends finished eating at a dhaba here.
However, the victim escaped without any wounds.
The man identified as Rajesh was caught with a pistol after he fired at Monu, who hails from Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh, at around 6.30 am near Shivaji Stadium in Connaught Place in the heart of the capital.
Police said Rajesh along with his friends Vishal and Sahil had come to the dhabha where Monu is working as a waiter in the morning and had some food.
After they were done with eating, they forced the waiter to have the leftover food.
"When Monu refused to do so, Rajesh took out a pistol from his pocket and fired at the victim. But the victim escaped without any injury," police said.
While Rajesh was immediately arrested, his two associates managed to escape from the spot.
Police have registered an FIR and are on the lookout for the two who escaped after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list