Delhiites deposit Rs 6.40 L cr in banks in 2010-11
New Delhi: A whopping Rs 6.40 lakh crore was
deposited in banks in the city by people in 2010-11, which is
an increase of 13 per cent compared to 2009-10.
According to latest Delhi Government data, the per capita
income in city at current prices has been estimated at Rs 1.16
lakh in the financial year 2009-10 which is an increase of Rs
13,446 over the per capita income in 2008-09.
The national per capital income for 2009-10 has been
estimated at Rs 33,731. Delhi`s per capita income is the third
highest in the country with Goa having per capita income of Rs
1,32,719 topping the list, closely followed by Chandigarh at
People had deposited Rs 5.67 lakh crore in 2009-10 while
the amount was Rs 5.17 lakh crore in 2008-09.
The banks have given loan of Rs 5.58 lakh crore in
2010-11 as against Rs 4.25 lakh crore during 2009-10.
According to the data, Delhiites have a total of 37,783
accounts in all the banks in the city till March 31, 2010 out
of which 29,140 are savings accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress