Delhiites face inconvenience due to autorickshaw strike
New Delhi: Commuters in some areas in the city on Friday faced inconvenience as a number of autorickshaw unions went on a strike demanding hike in fares.
Though several prominent unions went on strike several, others did not join it following an assurance by Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami that their demands would be considered by the government.
Goswami said the Transport Department would continue deliberations with the autorickshaw unions in the coming days.
He said following talks yesterday, 20 unions decided to abstain from the strike.
Today, Bharatiya Tipahia Chalak Sangh and a number of other unions called on Goswami and expressed their willingness to continue the talks.
Meanwhile Goswami welcomed the decision of the Centre to include auto drivers under the ambit of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
He said the provision in the Union Budget would enable auto drivers to quality health services.
The provision will enable the auto rickshaw drivers to get avail treatment costing up to Rs 30,000 per year in well- established nursing homes against payment of annual fee of Rs 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know