Delhiites – Get set for scorching days
New Delhi: In what is surely bad news for people in Delhi-NCR region, the next two days will be the hottest days of the season, according to the weather forecast on Tuesday. The maximum temperature is expected to go up to 46 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, the unrelenting blistering heat made life miserable for denizens as the capital sizzled three notches above average at 43.5 degree Celsius today, the met department said.
While the minimum temperature was recorded at 26.8 degrees - one notch below average - the humidity wavered between a high and low of 41 and 12 percent respectively.
According to the India Meteorological Department, the sky will remain clear on Wednesday.
North India is already reeling under severe heat for the past couple of days. The summer sun scorched the north and east of the country where the temperature at most places climbed above 40 degrees Celsius on May 25.
Hot winds blew in the national capital where the maximum temperature touched 44 degrees Celsius on last Friday, three degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars