Delhiites – Get set for scorching days
New Delhi: In what is surely bad news for people in Delhi-NCR region, the next two days will be the hottest days of the season, according to the weather forecast on Tuesday. The maximum temperature is expected to go up to 46 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile, the unrelenting blistering heat made life miserable for denizens as the capital sizzled three notches above average at 43.5 degree Celsius today, the met department said.
While the minimum temperature was recorded at 26.8 degrees - one notch below average - the humidity wavered between a high and low of 41 and 12 percent respectively.
According to the India Meteorological Department, the sky will remain clear on Wednesday.
North India is already reeling under severe heat for the past couple of days. The summer sun scorched the north and east of the country where the temperature at most places climbed above 40 degrees Celsius on May 25.
Hot winds blew in the national capital where the maximum temperature touched 44 degrees Celsius on last Friday, three degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America