Delhiites may have to pay more as parking charges
New Delhi: Delhiites may end up paying more as parking charges, if the Commissioners have their way in augmenting the finances of the cash-trapped new municipal bodies of the capital.
The move to impose parking charges by K S Mehra, Commissioner of the undivided MCD, was aborted earlier this year as the political wing of the body was strongly against the proposal due to elections.
Commissioners Manish Gupta (South), P K Gupta (North), and S S Yadav (East) said that the proposal for hike will be brought before the deliberative wings of the municipal bodies in the next one or two months. The percentage hike is yet to be decided.
Meanwhile, East Delhi Municipal Corporation is also starting a drive to catch tax evaders. "There are many, residential as well as commercial, who evade property tax. We will conduct a drive to catch them," Yadav said.
Yadav said the auditorium of Udyog Bhavan, East Corporation`s headquarters, will be made available for public functions so that it can earn some extra revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!