Delhiites shiver as cold wave grips city
New Delhi: It was biting cold in Delhi on Monday morning with chilly winds blowing and clouds completely hiding the sun.
The city saw a mist cover during the morning hours and the sun could not be seen at all while cold winds brought the day temperatures down, an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
"The day is likely to remain cold because of the chill winds," the official added.
The maximum temperature was 14.6 degrees Celsius at 8.30 am, six degrees below the average for this time of the season. The minimum temperature recorded was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one degree above average.
The humidity was at 98 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?