Delhiites shiver as cold wave grips city
New Delhi: It was biting cold in Delhi on Monday morning with chilly winds blowing and clouds completely hiding the sun.
The city saw a mist cover during the morning hours and the sun could not be seen at all while cold winds brought the day temperatures down, an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
"The day is likely to remain cold because of the chill winds," the official added.
The maximum temperature was 14.6 degrees Celsius at 8.30 am, six degrees below the average for this time of the season. The minimum temperature recorded was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one degree above average.
The humidity was at 98 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!