Delhiites shiver as cold wave grips city
New Delhi: It was biting cold in Delhi on Monday morning with chilly winds blowing and clouds completely hiding the sun.
The city saw a mist cover during the morning hours and the sun could not be seen at all while cold winds brought the day temperatures down, an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
"The day is likely to remain cold because of the chill winds," the official added.
The maximum temperature was 14.6 degrees Celsius at 8.30 am, six degrees below the average for this time of the season. The minimum temperature recorded was 8.2 degrees Celsius, one degree above average.
The humidity was at 98 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love