Delhiites witness another chilly day
New Delhi: Delhiites witnessed another
chilly day on Friday as cold winds kept the mercury at below
normal levels, even as the weatherman forecast return of fog
in coming days.
"Fog will redevelop on Sunday morning and the national
capital will also witness cloudy afternoon and night with
chances of rain in some parts," said RK Jenamani, Director
airport Met department.
It was another chilly morning for Delhiites today with
both the maximum and the minimum temperatures remaining two
notches below the normal.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 5.3 degree
Celsius, two degrees below normal. Yesterday also it was 5.3
degrees. Today, the maximum was recorded at 18.7, two degrees
Met has predicted shallow fog or mist in the morning
tomorrow and later a clear sky.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last
Friday, when the maximum was recorded at 16.9 deg C.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9
degree Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below
five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'