Delhiites witness another chilly day
New Delhi: Delhiites witnessed another
chilly day on Friday as cold winds kept the mercury at below
normal levels, even as the weatherman forecast return of fog
in coming days.
"Fog will redevelop on Sunday morning and the national
capital will also witness cloudy afternoon and night with
chances of rain in some parts," said RK Jenamani, Director
airport Met department.
It was another chilly morning for Delhiites today with
both the maximum and the minimum temperatures remaining two
notches below the normal.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 5.3 degree
Celsius, two degrees below normal. Yesterday also it was 5.3
degrees. Today, the maximum was recorded at 18.7, two degrees
Met has predicted shallow fog or mist in the morning
tomorrow and later a clear sky.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last
Friday, when the maximum was recorded at 16.9 deg C.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9
degree Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below
five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing