Delhi`s civic bodies review monsoon preparedness
New Delhi: With the monsoon expected to arrive here by the end of this month, mayors of three municipal corporations in Delhi Friday reviwed the city`s preparedness for the rains.
"North Delhi has constituted six teams of officials comprising from north corporation, public works department, delhi jal board and irrigation and flood control department so that citizens do not face any inconvenience during the upcoming monsoon season," said Yogendra Chandolia, mayor of North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
He said the teams would visit different zones June 16, inspecting the preparedness such as desilting of drains and cleaning of bellmouths.
Similarly, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation examined arrangements for the monsoon.
East Delhi mayor Meenakshi said: "A pre-monsoon sanitation drive to clean the area in its jurisdiction was launched but due to lack of co-ordination with different departments citizens have to face lot of inconvenience. So there has to be a better co-ordination among different agencies."
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation, meanwhile, said 85 percent of the de-silting work in areas under it has been completed.
Every year, India`s national capital faces a lot of problem during monsoon due to over flowing of water and water logging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video