Delhi`s dengue problem massive: Union Health Minister
New Delhi: Union Minister of State for Health Dinesh Trivedi Tuesday expressed concern over the spread of dengue in the capital where the mosquito-borne disease has claimed two lives and affected around 550 people.
"The (dengue) problem is massive and I think the Delhi government is making all efforts to stop the spread of the vector-borne disease," Trivedi told reporters here.
Pointing out that health is a state subject, Trivedi said the Delhi government should run dedicated awareness programmes to inform people about the do`s and don`ts related to the disease.
Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia Monday held a high level meeting with public and private hospitals and other health officials to prepare a dengue monitoring strategy in the capital.
Over the last few days, major discrepancies have been reported in the number of dengue cases in Delhi. Some media reports alleged that the number of cases was higher than those declared by the civic agency.
The Delhi government has now made it mandatory for all public and private hospitals to give details of dengue cases to the state nodal officer. The health authorities have been asked to check, prevent and control dengue and take immediate steps to curb the menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note