Delhi`s elderly get medical privileges with new card
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday launched the "citizen plus card" that offers medical privileges to the capital`s senior citizens, officials said.
An initiative by Max super speciality hospital at Patparganj in east Delhi, the card will help Delhi residents above the age of 55 years avail a range of medical facilities and related amenities at the hospital.
The card will entitle holders to avail benefits on all preventive health check-ups, diagnostic, ambulance and out-patient department services, medicines and room rents resulting in major savings, the hospital said.
The card will be issued free and does not have any membership fee. It aims to improve the quality of life of the "fairly large population of senior citizens in Delhi".
"Seniors living in independent households have increased manifold. This age group needs frequent check-ups and diagnosis," said Neeraj Mishra, vice president (operations) at the hospital.
"Seniors are also likely to have chronic ailments, requiring admissions quite often and hence there is an urgent need to develop a comprehensive health care system exclusively for the elderly," he added.
The card will ensure that senior citizens are minimally dependent on others when it comes to accessing prompt and quality medical attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row