Delhi`s Lt Governor extends Holi greetings
New Delhi: Delhi`s Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Sunday extended his greetings to people on the occasion of Holi, saying the myriad colours of the festival symbolise the multi-hued unity of India.
"The myriad colours of Holi symbolise the "multi-hued" unity of India which is our greatest strength. I hope this festival binds one and all in a bond of togetherness and harmony," Jung said in a message here.
He said that the "festival marks the arrival of spring and ushers in joy and happiness for all."
The Lieutenant Governor appealed to the Delhi`s citizens to celebrate the festival of colours in its "true spirit and help build mutual trust and friendship, cutting across religion, caste, community and creed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state