Delhi`s Lt Governor extends Holi greetings
New Delhi: Delhi`s Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Sunday extended his greetings to people on the occasion of Holi, saying the myriad colours of the festival symbolise the multi-hued unity of India.
"The myriad colours of Holi symbolise the "multi-hued" unity of India which is our greatest strength. I hope this festival binds one and all in a bond of togetherness and harmony," Jung said in a message here.
He said that the "festival marks the arrival of spring and ushers in joy and happiness for all."
The Lieutenant Governor appealed to the Delhi`s citizens to celebrate the festival of colours in its "true spirit and help build mutual trust and friendship, cutting across religion, caste, community and creed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers