`Delhi`s nomination submitted for world heritage status`
New Delhi: The nomination of Delhi`s imperial capital cities has been submitted to the World Heritage Centre for inclusion in the world heritage list in January, parliament was told Wednesday.
"The nomination of Delhi`s imperial capital cities has been submitted to World Heritage Centre. The whole process may take more than one-and-a-half years after submission of dossier, involving evaluation report of ICOMOS (the International Council on Monuments and Sites) mission and decision of World Heritage Committee which evaluates each point and issue very critically," Culture Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch told the Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
The minister said the World Heritage Site (WHS) status provides wider recognition and a higher profile, broad legal status, economic, technical assistance and networking opportunities apart form international collaboration in protection.
"It also improves the management, preservation and conservation levels of the universal value of the site. The site is viewed more favourably and provides promotional advantage and a `branding effect` which encourages new investment and increases tourism. It is seen as a mechanism for building local confidence and civic pride which provides social unity," added Katoch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?