Delhi`s notorious `Bunty Chor` nabbed in Pune
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi`s notorious `Bunty Chor`, who was involved in over 500 burglaries across the country, has been nabbed by Kerala Police from a hotel in Pune early Sunday, within days of looting the house of a businessman here, a minister said.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan confirmed that Bunty is in the custody of the Kerala Police.
"It was through a joint operation by the Kerala and Maharashtra Police that Bunty was nabbed from a hotel in Pune early Sunday," said Radhakrishnan.
"All legal procedures are being done," added Radhakrishnan.
Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor, reportedly broke into a high security house of Gulf NRI businessman Venugopalan Nair Jan 21.
`Bunty` allegedly deactivated electronic surveillance devices and drove off with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) worth Rs.28 lakh, a laptop and two mobile phones from Nair`s house.
`Bunty` was spotted speeding on the SUV on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border Wednesday afternoon by three motorists from Kerala.
Media reports said that Kerala Police informed their Karnataka counterparts who intercepted an SUV, allegedly driven by `Bunty`, while its occupants were seeking directions for Bangalore.
According to the reports, `Bunty` was allegedly nabbed by Karnataka Police after he initially managed to escape after attacking three policemen.
Karnataka Joint Commissioner of Police Pranab Mohanty Thursday confirmed to the media here that `Bunty` had not been arrested.
Reacting to the news of Bunty`s arrest, Nair said that he is awaiting to meet the "all-India thief".
A Bollywood movie, "Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye" starring Abhay Deol, was made in 2008 on the life of `Bunty`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him