Delhi`s notorious `Bunty Chor` nabbed in Pune
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi`s notorious `Bunty Chor`, who was involved in over 500 burglaries across the country, has been nabbed by Kerala Police from a hotel in Pune early Sunday, within days of looting the house of a businessman here, a minister said.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan confirmed that Bunty is in the custody of the Kerala Police.
"It was through a joint operation by the Kerala and Maharashtra Police that Bunty was nabbed from a hotel in Pune early Sunday," said Radhakrishnan.
"All legal procedures are being done," added Radhakrishnan.
Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor, reportedly broke into a high security house of Gulf NRI businessman Venugopalan Nair Jan 21.
`Bunty` allegedly deactivated electronic surveillance devices and drove off with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) worth Rs.28 lakh, a laptop and two mobile phones from Nair`s house.
`Bunty` was spotted speeding on the SUV on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border Wednesday afternoon by three motorists from Kerala.
Media reports said that Kerala Police informed their Karnataka counterparts who intercepted an SUV, allegedly driven by `Bunty`, while its occupants were seeking directions for Bangalore.
According to the reports, `Bunty` was allegedly nabbed by Karnataka Police after he initially managed to escape after attacking three policemen.
Karnataka Joint Commissioner of Police Pranab Mohanty Thursday confirmed to the media here that `Bunty` had not been arrested.
Reacting to the news of Bunty`s arrest, Nair said that he is awaiting to meet the "all-India thief".
A Bollywood movie, "Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye" starring Abhay Deol, was made in 2008 on the life of `Bunty`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award