Delhi`s per capita income rises to over Rs 2 lakh
New Delhi: Delhi`s per capita annual income has risen by nearly 16 percent to Rs.2.01 lakh in 2012-13 over the previous fiscal, said the government`s Economic Survey.
According to the survey tabled Tuesday in the Delhi assembly, per capita income rose from Rs.1,73,686 in 2011-12 to Rs.2,01,083 in 2012-13.
The national average is Rs.61,564.
"The per capita income reflects the availability of ample employment opportunity in the city and satisfaction level of the residents," said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who presented the Economic Survey.
The Delhi government`s outstanding debt has reduced from Rs.30,140 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.28,308 crore in 2012-13, stated the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal