Delhi`s per capita income rises to over Rs 2 lakh
New Delhi: Delhi`s per capita annual income has risen by nearly 16 percent to Rs.2.01 lakh in 2012-13 over the previous fiscal, said the government`s Economic Survey.
According to the survey tabled Tuesday in the Delhi assembly, per capita income rose from Rs.1,73,686 in 2011-12 to Rs.2,01,083 in 2012-13.
The national average is Rs.61,564.
"The per capita income reflects the availability of ample employment opportunity in the city and satisfaction level of the residents," said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who presented the Economic Survey.
The Delhi government`s outstanding debt has reduced from Rs.30,140 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.28,308 crore in 2012-13, stated the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand