Delhi`s per capita income rises to over Rs 2 lakh
New Delhi: Delhi`s per capita annual income has risen by nearly 16 percent to Rs.2.01 lakh in 2012-13 over the previous fiscal, said the government`s Economic Survey.
According to the survey tabled Tuesday in the Delhi assembly, per capita income rose from Rs.1,73,686 in 2011-12 to Rs.2,01,083 in 2012-13.
The national average is Rs.61,564.
"The per capita income reflects the availability of ample employment opportunity in the city and satisfaction level of the residents," said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who presented the Economic Survey.
The Delhi government`s outstanding debt has reduced from Rs.30,140 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.28,308 crore in 2012-13, stated the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'