Delhi`s per capita income rises to over Rs 2 lakh
New Delhi: Delhi`s per capita annual income has risen by nearly 16 percent to Rs.2.01 lakh in 2012-13 over the previous fiscal, said the government`s Economic Survey.
According to the survey tabled Tuesday in the Delhi assembly, per capita income rose from Rs.1,73,686 in 2011-12 to Rs.2,01,083 in 2012-13.
The national average is Rs.61,564.
"The per capita income reflects the availability of ample employment opportunity in the city and satisfaction level of the residents," said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who presented the Economic Survey.
The Delhi government`s outstanding debt has reduced from Rs.30,140 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.28,308 crore in 2012-13, stated the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional