Delhi`s per capita income rises to over Rs 2 lakh
New Delhi: Delhi`s per capita annual income has risen by nearly 16 percent to Rs.2.01 lakh in 2012-13 over the previous fiscal, said the government`s Economic Survey.
According to the survey tabled Tuesday in the Delhi assembly, per capita income rose from Rs.1,73,686 in 2011-12 to Rs.2,01,083 in 2012-13.
The national average is Rs.61,564.
"The per capita income reflects the availability of ample employment opportunity in the city and satisfaction level of the residents," said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who presented the Economic Survey.
The Delhi government`s outstanding debt has reduced from Rs.30,140 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.28,308 crore in 2012-13, stated the survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi