Delhi`s power demand touches season`s highest of 5,528 MW
New Delhi: Power demand in the city on Wednesday recorded the season`s highest of 5,528 MW, with the BSES discoms saying they are making all-out efforts to provide better electricity supply to consumers.
This year, the peak power demand is expected to reach 6,000 MW, surpassing the all-time high of 5,653 MW, reached last year.
To minimise inconvenience caused to consumers within the prevailing constraints, BSES discoms have taken several proactive steps like deploying mobile patrolling teams, augmented the call centres operations, revival of sub-transmission links, appointed customers advisors and conducting peak hour monitoring, a BSES official said.
The May 30 dust storm had caused large scale disruption of power in large parts of the national capital.
Due to the continuous and combined effort of teams of Delhi Transco Limited, generation and distribution companies, power was restored quickly to the extent possible on a best effort basis, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi