Demolition drive continues in Delhi
New Delhi: Illegal portions of 23 properties in north Delhi were razed Thursday as the newly-created North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) intensified its drive against unauthorised construction.
The action was carried out in Paharganj, Nabi Karim, Kishanganj, Sadar Bazar and Shastri Nagar in Sadar Paharganj Zone by the Building department with the help of local police.
"Unauthorised construction in 23 buildings were removed during the drive," a statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon