Dengue cases near 1,000 mark
New Delhi: Dengue cases in the capital are
nearing the 1000 mark despite some signs of decline in recent
In the past 24 hours, a total of 16 people have been
diagnosed with dengue fever in different hospitals here.
"Dengue cases gradually fall with the onset of winters. In
the past one day, 16 people have been diagnosed with dengue.
Most of the patients have been admitted to Sir Ganga Ram
Hospital. With this the number of people affected by dengue
this year went upto 992," said MCD`s public health committee
Chairman VK Monga.
Over 10,000 dengue cases have been detected in the
country this year and Delhi ranks 25th in the list of states,
according to Union Health Ministry figures.
"The average number of dengue cases reported per day is
declining. Earlier, 20 and above dengue cases were being
reported in just 24 hours, now it is less," Monga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth