Dengue cases near 1,000 mark
New Delhi: Dengue cases in the capital are
nearing the 1000 mark despite some signs of decline in recent
In the past 24 hours, a total of 16 people have been
diagnosed with dengue fever in different hospitals here.
"Dengue cases gradually fall with the onset of winters. In
the past one day, 16 people have been diagnosed with dengue.
Most of the patients have been admitted to Sir Ganga Ram
Hospital. With this the number of people affected by dengue
this year went upto 992," said MCD`s public health committee
Chairman VK Monga.
Over 10,000 dengue cases have been detected in the
country this year and Delhi ranks 25th in the list of states,
according to Union Health Ministry figures.
"The average number of dengue cases reported per day is
declining. Earlier, 20 and above dengue cases were being
reported in just 24 hours, now it is less," Monga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says